Saturday, April 08, 2006

Old Timers

Slim Price is a man I respect though I do not know him personally. He's been around a long time and deserves it. I've been around a long time and I am still a pup compared to him and others, I respect my elders on the road, the people who have been around a long time and know what the fuck they are talking about.

I never stop learning from them, I never stop listening to them, I never get a cocky attitude around them. I shut my mouth and open my ears and listen, I don't just hear, I listen.

"They" could be a long time concession owner, an owner of games, a sideshow performer, or own rides, whatever, I respect them and do my job, I do not tell them how to run their shit.

I do manage stuff to a degree, my job is to execute the owners instructions. I may give suggestions if he/her is open to my opinion at the time. I see so many managers trying to run shit like it belongs to them, wrong attitude.

I am a pro. I show up to work everyday, not "most days" like some. I do my job to the best of my ability....every day.

I have an advantage over most in that I am totally clean and sober, there aren't too many of us around.

No comments: