Monday, April 10, 2006

Fooling Myself

I met a woman a number of years ago. She was perfect in so many ways. Her name was Cindy and she was a beautiful "Girl next door" type.

She had a lot going for her, what she saw in me I have no idea to this day.

Anyway, our romance progressed, she was they type a guy marries, the type their Mom loves. What the fuck was she doing with me?

We had all kinds of plans, like couples make in the real world. We were totally committed to each other in every way.

I started fooling myself, not facing reality, thinking I was just like regular people, then it happened, as it always does. I got the urge to go.

It over powers anything and everything, I am a transient by nature, I cannot settle down, a lot of us can't.

I made a couple calls and had a job and a spot to be at.

I called her from a bar and broke the news that I was fucking off, and there was no explanation, she was heartbroken, so was I.

She's married now.

I haven't seen her in years. I still think of her sometimes, and what never could have been.

1 comment:

Blog Intro said...

This Blog will be Introduced on BlogIntro.com today!