Thursday, April 13, 2006

Education

I learned more on a Carnival lot than I ever learned in school I think. I was kicked out of school at a young age for not giving a shit.

I never did, not in school, I was too busy staring out the window, wondering what the fuck was going on out there.

I never did homework, ever, I was always in shit, I was some kind of anti-hero to the kids in my grade. They thought I was cool, but they didn't have to bear the consequences.

The teachers made no sense to me, maybe I was A.D.D.

Some counselor told me he thought I was, one time a few years back, whatever.

Finally one day, the principle told me to go, he said I needed to be out of school in the world, get a job, just get the fuck out, we don't want your kind here.

I agreed, thought it was a wonderful suggestion, so I left.

(I'm writing this as I watch the kids walk by my window on their way to school, poor little bastards)

My parents weren't to thrilled, but they saw it coming for years.....I never did anything in school....ever.

I had already been on the road during the summer for two seasons, I didn't give a fuck about school anyway.

I pittied those poor pricks that had to go and sit in the classroom, listening to fat ass teacher that had the raunchiest breath, so I figured, "Fuck them".

Since then I've made one attempt at school, I went to University for a year (I got in as a mature student), that was enough, it was the same old bullshit to me, doesn't work for me, never will.

I have my own way of learning.

One season the boss pawned his girlfriends kid off on me,

"See if you can teach the little prick anything" he slurred, drink in hand.

He told me what a little attitude case he was and apologized for dumping him on me.

He was a great kid, just needed some attention, from a male that would teach him something, instead of just yelling at him.

He busted his ass for me because I treated him like a lot of the older guys on the lot treated me, they taught me a lot.

There's a lot to learn on a Carnival lot, and there are a lot of good teachers who will help you if you drop the attitude and listen.

There are a lot of different ways to get an education outside of the school system.

Listening is the first great skill, if you can't listen, you can't learn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have got to Buck Up.

Who Cares? said...

Whatever that means.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you gave up early. If you never try, you can always say "i would have done it better" but then everyone else finished the sentence for you with "but you were too fucking lazy to every concentrate on anything long enough to see it thru."

Good for you!!!

You are obviously too smart for the rest of the world. Of course, as the years pass, all the kids who actually worked hard and got ahead will just take care of you. They should be proud to support someone as smart as you!!!

Who Cares? said...

Spoken like a true (There is only one way to learn, and if you don't, you must be lazy) knob.

Obviously you're the smart one.

Mark said...

This is an interesting blog. I hope you'll keep it up. I've spent about a half hour reading the past entries so far. Very interesting.

Who Cares? said...

Thanks Mark, glad you like it.